noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

the meaning of flowers

the meaning of flowers
In response to Meghan's question about the meaning behind flowers, courtesy of Martha Stewart (thanks Martha!):

Baby's breath = Everlasting love
Bachelor's button = Celibacy, delicacy
Calla lily = Magnificent beauty
Carnation (pink) = Woman's love
Carnation = Pure love
Cornflower = Delicacy
Crocus = Cheerfulness
Daisy = Innocence
Dogwood = Duration
Fern = Magic
Forget-me-not = Remember me
Freesia = Innocence
Fuchsia = Confiding love
Geranium = True friendship
Hellebore = Calming
Hyacinth = Sport and play
Iris = I have a message for you
Ivy = Friendship
Jasmine (pink) = I attach myself to you
Jasmine (white) = Amiability
Lady's mantle = Comfort
Lilac = First emotions of love
Lily-of-the-valley = Return of happiness
Mint = Virtue
Myrtle = Love
Oak leaf = Bravery
Orchid = You're in my thoughts
Peony = Bashful
Peppermint = Warmth of feeling
Primrose = Youth
Ranunculus = Radiant with charms
Rose (white) = I am worthy of you
Rose = Love
Rosemary = Remembrance
Snowdrop = Hope
Sweet pea = Delicate pleasures
Sweet violet = Modesty
Sweet William = Sensitivity
Tulip (pink) = Caring
Tulip (variegated) = Beautiful eyes
Tulip = Declaration of love
Violet (blue) = Faithfulness

*I used blue hydrangea at my wedding, and those are not mentioned in the list. Hmmm. I will add them.*

Hydrangea (blue) = Let's get married and get Chinese take out every Monday and have a too small apartment and live in Brooklyn together. OK?

6 comments:

Anonymous on 11:45 PM

Love this. Very informational and humerous. Love your blog.

Deardeedle on 7:25 AM

Your's is the best meaning of a flower I have read yet. I'll now always associate Hydrangeas with Chinese Take-out :]

Anonymous on 8:48 AM

oh i am so excited to be carrying tulips!!! love this!

flop on 10:05 AM

Okay, OFFICIALLY the best designed blogger blog EVER.
I was just looking up some cool blog designs, but this is just so cool I'm even afraid to copy it :P
BOOKMARKED!

Unknown on 2:11 PM

i've always dreamed i would carry peonies...but bashful doesn't suit me. your meaning of hydrangeas is adorable

Unknown on 5:12 PM

what are poppies?

Mackenzie's Sketchbook