noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

a feast for the eyes

stark
I'm back from a decadent 2 weeks of family celebrations. I'm an overstuffed, yet well rested version of myself, so I thought I'd start the year out with a little feasting that doesn't involve huge amount of calories.
The images above all from David Stark, master of event design. I love how he adds light to ordinary materials like paper and paint cans (!) to create something truly magical. I adore the bouquet at the top, and wonder, in a twisted-glutton-for-punishment kind of way, how long it might take me to make one for myself? Hmmmm.

7 comments:

Julia on 7:06 AM

I love:

Your new blog design! congrats on the new look.

the idea with the paint can lanterns - magic!

Anonymous on 8:15 AM

Wow! That bouquet is amazing. I can't even imagine how much time that took to create.

J on 3:53 PM

Cool event design...would love to work with him!
Campaign for Change

Christina on 6:43 PM

Stunning images!! I would love to see them in real life!!
The new blog design is fantastic!!

Anonymous on 10:38 PM

Wow, paint can lanterns, so stunning!

seesaw designs on 11:27 AM

pretty sure Mr. Stark is a genius. Love your blog!

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography on 6:38 PM

wow! Those are all amazing! Love the blog (and esp the photos!... of course :)

Mackenzie's Sketchbook