noritake unique wedding favors unique wedding favors
Learn the 4 C's of diamonds at Abazias.

paper bag flowers

paper bag flowers
I came across these DIY flower decorations via one of my new favorite blogs, Oh Happy Day. Jordan always posts such pretty things, and I couldn't resist passing this idea along. They're actually made from colored paper bags, and can be made with any 6 you happen to have of the same size. Jordan also pointed out that a wonderful source for colored paper bags is Paper Mart, and I happen to agree. The original directions for the paper bag flowers came from Martha Stewart (who else?), so if you want detailed instructions, you must visit Martha. I would totally use these to decorate over the tables at an informal wedding or shower. I might even cut slightly fancier "petals" and make them all in black and white for a more formal affair.

4 comments:

Anonymous on 9:18 PM

Love it. And thanks for the link to detailed instructions.

Anonymous on 7:31 AM

Really cool idea, but six bags per flower seems kind of excessive. It does remind me to investigate some of the other paper flower options, though. Paper Source has some cool looking kits....

Anonymous on 8:52 AM

lol i was going to post about this too after seeing it on her blog. =)

Wicked Good Dinner on 11:21 PM

I've been meaning to post because I absolutely LOVE your invitation collection and the info on your blog...I couldn't resist these paper bag flowers - they're so darn cute!

Mackenzie's Sketchbook